Monday, June 2, 2008

Number 1

So, day one at the internship went ok, with a few glitches!
Imbeciles!!! Some of the people that helped me with transport that is...so ill informed ... so much inconvenience. But anyway, the going ons at the orientation covered up for all of that. I met some really cool people and even decided to hang out over the weekend in the bay area with some fellow interns. Yay!
I also learnt that this company was number one (to work for) in the Forbes 100 list! Wowie!!!
Number one! NUMBER ONE! I was impressed, and I saw why on day one itself - when the transportation people screwed up on the information they gave me (I was given incorrect information on how to get back home)....they just put me in a prepaid cab home!
I was seated next to some cool people from Columbia University and University of Wisconsin, Madison...the ivy leaguers were awesome(desi NRIs), weve decided to go biking along the golden gate bridge on some weekend...
The company has friday evening chill time from 5-7 when one can get drinks/food on the house...the are called Ho-Ho s (ivy leaguers and I couldnt stop giggling)...no seriosuly they need a new name.
The boss seems really cool, very professional but fun and hard working. I think she likes me. I'll keep you posted...
Speaking of the golden gate bridge...I went to the Fort Mason park and had lunch there on Sunday...
Here are some piccies:







And here is what went down with one of my friends back in bombay...an irritating chat, lets call her Okra...her name phonetically resembles the hindi word for it...

Okra: hi, whats up!

Me: about to go to bed my internship starts tomorrow

Okra: cool,u already in sf?

Me: No, i am flying in directly to the company… WTF?!

Okra: nice, so thats going to be ur home for the next 3 months?

Me: no.... as i said i am flying in everyday ...in and out of SF…WTF?

Okra: that shud be fun flying in and out evey day :)

Me: of course it is going to be my home for the next 3 months AARRGGH

Okra: hehe!


IMBECILE!!!

3 comments:

once again said...

only because you mentioned my name somewhere, [no I did not actually read your blog, i just searched for 'once again' on your web page] am I leaving a comment.

kuttikaminichinaal.com

Anonymous said...

oh so her name is BINDI!!!

Pharmer said...

OA: I am so grateful. Now I have attained Nirvana!

Shan: You are a bitch!